• Welcome to the OMHS Eagle's Eye!

Eagle's Eye

Relay For Life Set For May

Brooklynn Smith, Staff Writer

Whether it be a Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother, or any other family member or close friend who has cancer; students, teachers, and parents can now share their love and support for those suffering, by participating in a walk. Relay for Life is an annual walk to help fundraise money for those who have cancer. “ Relay is a team fundraising event where team members take turns walking around a track or designated path. Each event is 6-24 hours in length and each team is asked to have a member on the track at all times to signify that cancer never sleeps “ (http://relay.acsevents.org).

Emily Anne Beauchaine, a Junior at OMHS and also a part of the Student Government Association (SGA), gave some insight on the previous years at Relay For life and the upcoming walk in May. “ The committee sets up for the event during the day and then later that evening there is a big event with different tents such as; petting zoos, food tables, volleyball, and more. This takes place at Heardmont Park.”Emily Anne exclaimed . “The committee goes out and finds sponsors who will donate food for and other supplies for the event.” clarified Emily Anne. Also, all money raised by the committee is donated to the American Cancer Society for further research.

This event is a great way to meet new friends and connect to those who are feeling the same feelings as you. Students from Oak Mountain High School attend this event to help raise money and also to have a great time. Our S.G.A is highly involved with these events, they help put together, set up, and enjoy these events. Our community gathers together in the month of May to help plan this and attend this event. Thank you to everyone who contributes and attending these past events. We look forward to this upcoming event.