Things To Do in the Fall During a Pandemic!

Helen Kate Alley, Staff Writer

This year, our world was greatly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. But the fall season is coming up and now more than ever people are trying to get out and do things after spending two or more months in quarantine! Here is a list of things that you can do this fall season to bring joy to yourself and others! 

1. Make freshly made fall foods and beverages!

Cooking is a wonderful way to enjoy yourself and create something. You can make some apple or pumpkin pies, apple cider, or a pumpkin flavored drink! Take some time to crank up the music, pull out your favorite recipe book, and start cooking! 

2. Enjoy a football game! 

Fall means football and this fall season, no matter the level of football, safety precautions are being taken for the safety of all football lovers! Oak Mountain high school’s football season will be held at Heardmont park. Games start at 7:00 and there will be limited seating and required mask wearing for everybody! 6 feet social distancing will be applied as well. OMHS student Taylor McMillian says “I like going to football games because everyone is having a good time and chanting for their team!” You can also watch your favorite college or professional football team play on your TV this fall! 

3. Get outside and see the changing nature!

I have always been told by my mom that the fall season means change. The outdoors is a great example of that! Get out and go on a hike and see the leaves changing colors and falling. Go out to the pumpkin patch and get some pumpkins for Halloween and Thanksgiving holidays! We have been stuck in our houses for months so now, more than ever, it is so important to get that very much needed fresh air! 

4. Make a handmade Halloween costume!

With Halloween coming up, a great, fun, weekend activity is to make a homemade costume for you or a sibling! Get creative with it! Look online for inspiration, instructions and designs.